There are many different reasons why people lie, and most of the time it is now always for the greater good. There is no clear purpose for the person to lie, but still one might have many different reasons for doing so.
Here are some of the top reasons why people lie –
- Many people lie to evade punishments for things that they might have done. They want to avoid different penalty or punishment.
- Many people lie to provide a point. There are people who easily lie to prove themselves right.
- Many people lie in order to influence others for something in return. Lying is the best way to do it.
- Many people lie to be accepted There are people who often succumb to peer pressure to fit into a crowd.
- Sometimes people are forced to lie to boast about themselves and to show people that they are better than others.
- Many people do not want to face criticism or want to ask further questions, so they think that lying will help them avoid any further questions.
- To get benefits or worldly things, people can lie to authorities.
- Many people lie to please themselves or others in social situations.
Sometimes lies are not harmful, but at other times they can cause harm to others. It is the reason why lie detector testing in the UK is becoming quite common. It can help catch a person who is telling a lie so that they can face the consequences that they deserve. Going here to know more about lie detectors uk.