We all know that clinical documentation is essential and really should be implemented by all hospitals. Before one begins the entire process of documentation you should understand what the several types of documentation there’s. The next article lists the different types of documentation which is used.
Clinical Documentation could start right from the moment someone reports for clinical examination because of a regular check-up or with any sort of condition. The information within the documentation, also known as the record, would retain the following details.
• Name, sex, birth date, residential address and emergency contact phone number
• Blood type
• Dates of last physical check-up and dates and outcomes of formerly done tests and screenings
• Brief information on major illnesses. Information on surgeries performed with dates
• Allergies, or no
• List of medicines prescribed and time period of their use
• History of family illnesses
• Chronic illnesses or no
• History associated with a trauma or accident or any unusual signs and symptoms affecting an individual’s health
Clinical documentation details complete information from the condition of health of the person since birth. It records minor and major illnesses as well as growth landmark. It frequently provides a clue to the current illnesses of the person following details incorporated within the history will make this time obvious.
• Surgery history – it might contain operative reports and information on any surgery performed.
• Obstetrics history – will give good reputation for past pregnancies and then any clinical findings on their behalf.
Medicinal or food allergic reactions –
• Family history – health status of near relations, common illnesses within the family
• Social history – patient’s behavior throughout a major illness and occupation
• Habits – addiction or no, physical habits, diet and exercise as well as sexual habits
• History of immunization
• Developmental history – this will be significant for teenagers and children. Many social stresses, economic factors and illnesses affect growth. Developmental history records such cases.
Included in clinical documentation, outcomes of individual checkups with a physician or assistant physician or perhaps a nurse are recorded. Clinical documentation, in situation of hospital admission or consultation with a medical specialist, might be exhaustive. Shorter forms might be essential to record observations inside a routine visit.
Details in clinical documentation in such instances could contain:
• Present illness history
• Physical examination including body’s temperature, respiratory system rate, bloodstream pressure, heartbeat, muscle power, urine output, etc
• Diagnosis of present illness
• Prescriptions and directions with other health team people
Whenever a patient is hospitalized, all test results like bloodstream and urine make sure all special exams are recorded. Radiological examinations, pathological tests, endoscopy, CT scans, etc are incorporated. Each one of these form part of clinical documentation. Documentation plays an essential role because it provides the entire health background of the patient. It offers invaluable understanding of an individual’s condition helping in simplifying treatment.
Today, health concerns are several but how to proceed with the formalities of raising claims by patients and approving these claims by companies would be a challenge. To overcome this challenge you could rely on clinic listing Singapore.